It refers to appropriate amount of personal properties and necessary items that are carried by passengers for wearing, using and personal comfortableness or convenience. Both checked baggage and unchecked baggage are included.
Please note that the quantity and category of baggage should conform to our requirements. You are recommended to make a list of personal items at some time for the convenience of next travel. You can make different baggage lists for various travel types such as business trip, long-distance or short distance travels etc.
Yes. We are sorry that the baggage can only be accepted on the day of your flight. But you can contact us if you require early check in.
Yes, but you must take good care of your stuff including cash, jewellery, valuables, gold, silver, notes, securities and documents etc.
We strongly recommend that valuables should be carried and taken good care of you in person instead of putting in checked baggage. In case of any damage and loss of the valuables in checked baggage, your valuables will be regarded and compensated as general checked baggage by China Southern Airlines.
The following items are prohibited to be transported as baggage:
1. Dangerous goods, including 1) explosives; 2) gases i.e. inflammable gas, non-flammable and non-toxic gas, toxic gas; 3) inflammable liquid; 4) inflammable solids, spontaneously combustible substances and the substances releasing inflammable gas when wet; 5) oxidising agent and organic peroxide; 6) toxic substances and infectious substances; 7) radioactive substances; 8) corrosive substances; 9) magnetic substances;
2. Other dangerous goods prohibited to be transported by China Southern Airlines;
3. Substances causing anaesthetic, unpleasant and other similar actions;
4. Materials that may cause dirt or damages to the aircraft;
5. Guns, including artificial toy guns, gun-type lighters and other kinds of invasive arms, except the guns for sports;
6. Ordnance and Police Instruments;
7. Controlled knives;
8. Living animals, except the small animals and service dogs up to our specifications;
9. Other items forbidden to be carried or transported by state laws and regulations.
For passengers travelling on China Southern Airlines’ international or regional flights, or domestic flights connected with them, routes involving the United States, the maximum weight of each piece of checked baggage shall not be more than 45kg (90 pounds), and the total dimensions shall not exceed 158cm (62 inches); while on the routes not involving the United States, the weight of each piece of checked baggage shall not exceed 32kg (70 pounds), and the total dimensions shall not be more than 158cm (62 inches).
For the safety of your baggage, China Southern Airlines will mark each of your baggage respectively. Currently, self-marking of a baggage is not supported. You need to check in your baggage at service counters and a unified baggage tag, which contains a bar code, passenger name, flight no. and other details, will be tied or pasted on your check baggage by our staff.
To ensure personal and property safety of you and other passengers, all possessions must be checked according to Regulations on China Civil Aviation Security Screening. China Southern Airlines refuses to carry passengers or luggage that failed to pass the security check, and will be exempt from the possible liability arising from the loss.
The weight-based rules for luggage is applied to all domestic routes.
The Piece-based rules is applicable to all possessions of international and regional routes.