The following items cannot be contained in your checked or unchecked baggage nor as free carry-on baggage:
1. Dangerous goods.In accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association's (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, the following items are not permitted in carry-on or checked baggage as stipulated by China Southern Airlines:
a. Explosives such as fireworks, firecrackers, ammunition, or security attaché cases, cash boxes and cash bags containing lithium batteries or pyrotechnic material;
b. Gases, including flammable and non-flammable non-toxic gases, and toxic gases, such as compressed gases, liquefied gases, tear gas and pepper spray;
c. Flammable liquids, such as alcohols, oil-based paints, and rubber cement;
d. Flammable solids, combustible materials, and substances that emit flammable gases on contact with water, such as powdered magnesium and white and yellow phosphorous;
e. Oxidizing materials and organic peroxides, such as bleaching powder and hydrogen peroxide;
f. Toxic and infectious substances, such as lacquers, pesticides, heroin, and virus samples;
g. Radioactive materials, such as radioactive isotopes and chemical reagents;
h. Corrosive materials, such as acids, alkalis, wet batteries, and mercury;
i. Miscellaneous hazardous materials and articles, including environmentally hazardous substances such as magnetic substances, irritants, articles liable to damage the aircraft, and defective lithium batteries recalled by the manufacturer.
2. Firearms, including airsoft guns, gun-shaped lighters and other assault weapons, ammunition, military ordnances, police gear (batons, tasers, etc.) and any replicas of the above items, and controlled knives; firearms and ammunition for hunting and sport are exempt.
3. Lithium battery-powered balance vehicles (lithium battery-powered manned single or multiple wheeled mobility tools, including but not limited to: monocycles, electric skateboards, hoverboards, Segways and other balance vehicles), including ones with batteries removed.
4. Odorous items (such as durian)
5. Live animals; guide dogs, hearing dogs, and other specified animals are exempt.
6. Items prohibited by the People's Republic of China or the relevant state laws and regulations regarding transportation to be brought in or transited through the country.
7. Items whose packaging, shape, weight, volume, or properties make them unfit for transportation.
Click an airline logo to find out about the services.