Located in the residential area in the north of Shengli Bridge, Xigang District, Dalian City, the Beihai Park, with a floor space of 2.3 hectares, was incorporated in 1898. Due to its location (northern part of the downtown), the Beihai Park is also called "North Park". In the wake of Japan's invasion in Dalian City, South Manchuria Railways Co. expanded the North Park and additionally built such facilities as tennis court and manmade hill etc. After the World War II, the North Park was renamed as Beihai Park. Thereafter, nearby construction works led to 1 hectare of decline in park floor space.
Tropical Forest Hall of Dalian Forest Zoo is an important winter resort in Dalian City. By integrating scientific popularization, species protection, plant nursing & breeding, and gardening art, the hall simulates tropic and subtropical natural climate and environment through manmade circumstance, as well as displays natural tropical forest's beauties through the combination of mountains, stones, waters, and tropical & subtropical plants, in an effort to provide tourists with a scenic spot where they can appreciate the tropical & subtropical landscapes all year round.