1. The temperature should be kept at 22~24℃.
2. Please put on a coat.
1. The humidity in the cabin is about 15%. It is very dry as people would feel most comfortable when the humidity is about 50~60%. Our moisture body will be evaporated without consciousness, the dry skin, cornea and nose might affect the nerves.
2. Please drink water, juice or other beverages to keep body moisture. Actually, to drink excessive coffee and tea would cause dehydration.
3. For passengers with contact lens, please wear a pair of glass instead, to avoid dryness and inflammation.
4. It is a good habit to keep moisturizing for your skin.
Cabin air pressure
1. The air pressure in cabin keeps at that of the height of 5,000~8,000 feet, which has no influence for most passengers.
2. If your ears become deaf or are affected by the pressure change, please move your jaw slightly or drink some water. Another way is to close the mouth and then exhale slightly with the nose blocked.
3. It is suggested to feed the infant by milk bottle or feed with food.
Generally speaking, cosmic radiation that we suffer in long distance flight is about 0.004 ~ 0.005mSv, and that in short distance flight 0.001 ~ 0.003mSv. The radiation of X ray one time is about 0.02 ~ 0.04mSv. Therefore, it can be assured that cosmic radiation that we suffer during our flight is safe, and has little impact on human health.
Cabin noise level
1. The noise level is notably lowered by the insulating board and improved seat, compared with that in last few years. Generally, the noise level would not cause trouble. However, the noise level around the seats near engine may have a little increase.
2. You can ask for earplug from the crew.
3. Please listen to the music.
Information about peanut allergies
It is difficult for us to forbid passengers to take peanut products, open peanut packages or eat peanut in the cabin. In addition, residual peanut components in past flights may still stay in the cabin.
A relaxation exercise against the travel stress
Position yourself comfortably in your seat, lay your hands loosely on your belly and breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose. When breathing out again through mouth and nose, watch how your belly bulges out noticeably. With this conscious breathing technique you will do your body a lot of good as you provide him with an extra portion of oxygen and new energy.
A trick to relax your eyes:
Sit comfortably, rub your hands together to heat your palms, and then place them over your closed eyes to shut out all light. Now take a deep breath and think of a pleasant scene – after three minutes you will have gathered fresh strength.
A Special treat for your face:
With your fingertips, put light pressure on your forehead whilst tapping your skin softly. Work yourself slowly over the rest of your face and enjoy the relaxing effect.
Relief for the neck:
Take a cushion for your neck on board with you. This prevents shoulder and neck pain!
Relief for the back:
Simply place a cushion behind your back. This relieves the pressure on your spinal discs and prevents backache!
Before sleeping, you can ask a flight attendant to give you a blanket before you go to sleep so that the air-conditioning won't make you feel cold and disturb your pleasant dreams.
Rest your eyes:
A sleeping mask (available at chemists) protects your eyes from bright light.
Excessive food or beverages that would produce a lot of gas, such as sodas and beer, might cause a stomach upset.
Please enjoy the simple meal during flying.
Please avoid food that would produce a lot of gas, such as onion, radish and beans.
Refreshments before the departure of the airport:
Before takeoff, it is beneficial for you to eat some refreshments and drink some beverage.
Drink a large quantity of water during the flight:
Since the cabin humidity is quite low, your body needs much more water than on the ground. When the humidity is declining, the air becomes dry. In long-distance flight, your skin will feel uncomfortable due to the dryness of mucosa. The general principle is that you should "eat less but drink more" during the flight. When you are on the plane, your digestion will become "weak". So you had better eat some low-fat foods, such as fruit and vegetable. In addition, you should drink a cup of non-carbonated mineral water or juice every hour.
We suggest that you should not drink coffee, black team, cola, and alcoholic beverages since the liquid quantity brought to your body by the beverages is not enough to supplement the quantity taken away by them.
Special tips for children:
Children should especially assimilate much more liquid. Compared with their weight, their body surface is relatively larger. This means that they evaporate much more moisture through skin than adults.
1. Travel sickness may happen on sensitive passengers when the flight goes through the atmospheric layer.
2. Please get a sufficient sleep/rest before the departure day.
3. Please do not drink liquor in the cabin, and enjoy the simple meal.
4. Please be sure to take the medicine for travel sickness 30 min before departure based on the medicine instruction, if you want.
1. There should be a jet lag in the travel which spans more than six time zones, and its symptoms include being sleepy, fragile, and having no appetite.
2. On the last night before the travel, please fall asleep earlier than usual if you go to the east; please fall asleep later than usual if you go to the west.
Poor blood circulation (Economy Class Syndrome)
1. The long time sitting during the long-range flight with little movement may cause foot swell as the blood circulation slows down in the vein of leg.
2. Though it is rare, sometimes, blood clotting in the lower body part may develop into thrombus.
3. Please do stretching exercises, massage or walk in the cabin regularly.
4. Please use foot cream and put the socks or slippers on in order to wipe off foot fatigue as much as possible.
5. It is helpful for the elder, pregnant woman and passengers who have borne surgical operation recently to wear elastic stockings.
If you are sick during the flight, China Southern Airlines will actively adopt measures to ensure your health. If your sickness is serious, China Southern Airlines will do its best to offer treatment.
The so-called "jet lag", medically referred to as desynchronosis by the change of geographical position, which is a temporary physiological disorder condition resulting from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms during a rapid long-distance travel on an aircraft over several time zones.
Jet lag may cause troubles such as insomnia, digestive discomfort, headache, low spirit, being unable to concentrate on something and poor performance etc. This is much more serious when passengers fly from west to east (for instance, from Taiwan to America via Pacific Ocean) than those fly from east to west.
The three basic methods for the rapid adjustment of jet lag are: adequate sleep before the flight and healthy food as well as sports habits, absorption of water during the flight, and compulsory rest and work time according to the local time.